Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thought of the Week: Reason for the Season



During this time of year I always hear people say, “Remember the reason for the season.” The reason is Christ and the season is the “Christmas” time of year. While it is admirable to try to remind others of the importance of Christ I have to ask one simple question. Why just give Him a season? Why not give Him your life? “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20). He’s not the reason for the season. He’s the reason for salvation. He’s the reason for sanctification. He should be our everything and not someone we give special place to for one month out of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment